Midtown Psychological Services
Registered Psychologist, Yonge & Eglinton in Toronto
Dr. Donna Reist, PhD., C.Psych. & Associates
Our fees are consistent with the guidelines suggested by the Ontario Psychological Association and may be revised each year, effective January 1st.
The services provided by a psychologist in private practice are unfortunately not covered by provincial health insurance plans (OHIP). In most cases you will be billed directly.
Many people have extended health benefits they obtain themselves or through their employer that cover a portion of the cost of psychological services. The cost of psychological services may also be a negotiated benefit of your company or may be covered through an Employee Assistance Program. You may be able to deduct psychological services as a medical expense on your income taxes and some may be able to deduct them as a business expense.
I accept cheques, e-transfers, Mastercard and Visa.
Ask about the COVID-19 45-minute Checkup From the Head Up $100
- Counselling & Psychotherapy $230/hr*
- Couples /Marriage Counselling $230/hr
- Clinical Consultation $230/hr
- Psychoeducational Assessment $3150.
- ADHD Assessment $4050 (includes a psychoeducational assessment)
- Other $230/hr
* each psychotherapy hour is 45 minutes. There is no HST on psychological services.
All fees are for psychological services regulated by the College of Psychologists of Ontario.
FAQ’s re. Insurance Coverage
Employee benefit packages are not always clear about what is covered and what is not, and Insurance companies are becoming much more restrictive in what they pay out. It is important you understand your own insurance coverage. The following questions will help clarify your benefits package for you.
- Which professionals does your policy cover? Most policies cover members of the College of Psychologists of Ontario, but do check.
- We do not hire psychometrists or others who are unregulated to do our work. All of our clinical staff are members of the College of Psychologists of Ontario or are registered doctoral psychology students in training. If you are looking for an assessment or psychotherapy, you may be seen by a psychologist in training who works under a formal professional supervision contract with Dr. Reist. If that is the case, then you will want to ask your benefits provider if psychological services can be provided by a psychology intern under the formal supervision of a registered psychologist.
- Who in your family is covered?
- Do you require a physician’s referral in order to receive coverage?
- What is covered? Some insurance providers cover everything under the umbrella of “psychological services.” Others are more specific – e.g., psychotherapy, couples, counselling, psychoeducational assessment, or gifted testing.
- Is there a maximum amount per hour your insurance provider will pay? What is the maximum yearly amount you will be reimbursed?
- Is there a maximum number of hours per day you can bill for?
- What is the anniversary date of your policy, when funds & benefits will be replenished?
Midtown Psychology does not submit payment requests directly to insurance providers. You pay your invoice first and then we will provide you with a receipt you can submit to your insurance company.