Midtown Psychological Services
Registered Psychologist, Yonge & Eglinton in Toronto
Dr. Donna Reist, PhD., C.Psych. & Associates
Our fees are consistent with the guidelines suggested by the Ontario Psychological Association and may be revised each year, effective January 1st.
The services provided by a psychologist in private practice are unfortunately not covered by provincial health insurance plans (OHIP). In most cases you will be billed directly.
Many people have extended health benefits they obtain themselves or through their employer that cover a portion of the cost of psychological assessment services. The cost of psychological services may also be a negotiated benefit of your company or may be covered through an Employee Assistance Program. You may be able to deduct psychological services as a medical expense on your income taxes and some may be able to deduct them as a business expense.
I accept cheques, e-transfers, Mastercard and Visa.
- Counselling & Psychotherapy $225/hr*
- Couples /Marriage Counselling $225/hr
- Clinical Consultation $225
- Psychoeducational Assessment $3150.
- Psychoeducational Assessment plus ADHD Assessment $4050
- Other $225/hr
* each hour is 50 min
All fees are for psychological services regulated by the College of Psychologist of Ontario.
FAQ’s re. Insurance Coverage
Employee benefit packages are not always clear about what is covered and what is not, and Insurance companies are becoming much more restrictive in what they payout. It is important you understand your own insurance coverage. The following questions will help clarify your benefits package for you.
- Which professionals does your policy cover? Most policies cover members of the College of Psychologists of Ontario, but do check.
- We are a psychology student training clinic. If you are looking for an assessment or counselling, you may be seen by someone who works under the formal supervision of Dr. Reist. If that is the case, then you will want to ask your benefits provider if psychological services can be provided by a psychology student intern under supervision.
- Who in your family is covered?
- Do you require a physician’s referral in order to receive coverage?
- What is covered? Some insurance provides cover everything under the umbrella of “psychological services.” Others are more specific – e.g., psychotherapy, couples, counselling, psychoeducational assessment, or gifted testing.
- Is there a maximum amount per hour your insurance provider will pay? What is the maximum yearly amount you will be reimbursed?
- Is there a maximum number of hours per day you can bill for?
- What is the anniversary date of your policy, when funds & benefits will be replenished?
Midtown Psychology does not submit payment requests directly to insurance providers. You pay your invoice first and then we will provide you with a receipt you can submit to your insurance company.