Welcome to Midtown Psychology!
COVID-19-Information & Appointment Instructions
Welcome! We are modifying our procedures to operate safely under COVID-19. Your feedback is appreciated as we implement strict infection controls to keep everyone safe. Thank you for your understanding.
Step 1: Forms
Before your visit, you will be asked to complete confidential forms directly on our secure server. The links to these forms will be sent to you with your appointment confirmation email as well as information for entering our Client Portal.
For counseling and psychotherapy, the next step is simply to show for your visit. You may want to practice entering the waiting room to see what it’s like.
Step 2: Pre-Screening/Intake Interview
All assessments are completed in person. Before your visit, you will be contacted by your clinician for a mandatory COVID-19 prescreening interview and to go over your forms together and to prepare for the testing session.
For intelligence or gifted testing, your clinician will contact you by phone the day prior to your scheduled intelligence test.
If you are booking an assessment that requires an intake interview, we will schedule you to meet with your clinician online, prior to your in-office visit. Please access the Client Portal for your interview.
We carry the COVID Alert, please consider downloading to improve contact tracing and early intervention.
Step 3: In-person office visit
During this phase of COVID-19, Dr. Reist and her associates regret that unless essential, they will not plan to meet with parents in person at the office, except to welcome you and your child at drop-off. You will have a chance to speak with them on the phone or video conference prior to your appointment and afterwards.
- Prior to your arrival all surfaces and materials will be sanitized.
- Please plan to arrive no more than five minutes prior to your appointment time and we ask that only one adult accompanies a child.
- A face mask must cover mouth and nose at all times while in the building. If you or your child do not have one we can provide one for you.
- When you arrive, please use the hand sanitizer provided.
- All those visiting the office for more than 5 minutes must submit to a temperature check.
- Please note yellow taping on carpets and do not cross. Following the path will take your child directly to their desk where they will be working.
- Due to the increased risks that interior environments pose, testing sessions will be limited to a maximum of 2 hours during COVID-19.
- At this time we invite parents to drop off their child and return later for pickup. Risk levels do change, please speak with your clinician if you have questions or concerns.
- When the testing is completed your child will be ready to go home. We will plan to talk on the phone/video conference.
Making your visit comfortable:
- Please ensure you or your child have a good drink and snack before testing. No snacking please while wearing a mask.
- Let us know if you think your child will struggle with staying seated and/or wearing a mask during testing.
- It might help to practice reading or playing a game with a mask on for up to two hours.
- Imagine working with someone who is also wearing a mask – it might be a little strange and something to also prepare for.
a) Do you have a fever (temperature of 37.8 C or higher)?
any new/worsening symptoms including cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, hoarse voice, runny nose, stuffy or congested nose, loss of sense of taste or smell, digestive issues such as nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain. Other symptoms may include fatigue, falling down more than usual, chills, headaches?
(b) Has someone you are in close contact with tested positive for COVID-19?
(c) Are you in close contact with a person who is sick with new respiratory symptoms (e.g., fever, cough, difficulty breathing) or who recently travelled outside of Canada?
(d) Have you travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days?